A legacy media company is basically the opposite of a startup. They are built on years of processes and don’t change very often. It’s no secret the local media industry is changing at an alarming rate, and that old school way of thinking just won’t work anymore.
In our first episode we talk to several industry leaders and review why newspapers need to act more like startups, about how it’s ok to fail, and different ways you can learn from the startup mentality.
In this episode you will see:
- Kelly Homewood, FusionFarm
- Tim McDougall, FusionFarm
- Chris Edwards, FusionFarm
- Steve Dorsey, Austin American-Statesman
- John Paton, Digital First Media
- Austen Trimble, OwnLocal
- Mike Hodges, U-T San Diego
- Brian Timpone, Local Labs